5.28.2012

Hair Tutorial : 20s Inspired Finger Waves

I've got a special treat for you this evening!
My sister and I whipped up this fun hair tutorial video.
I've done the finger waves look a few times, and I always get lots of compliments and questions about it.
So I thought I'd share my technique!



Honestly, it was a bit of trial and error when I first started styling finger waves.
Most of the "how to" videos I found were really not that great...
I've found that the secret to it is to wet your hair before you put the pin curl clips in.
It really does make a world of difference.
Anyway, have a watch!


It's really quite simple once you get used to it.
It takes a bit of practice, but if I can figure it out...I'm sure all of you can as well ;)
Kylie & I are planning to make more hair tutorial videos in the future.
We really enjoyed making this one.
But let me know if you have questions about this style!

10 comments:

  1. So THAT'S how you do it! How cool! Thanks for sharing! This was a most helpful tutorial! Keep 'um coming for sure!

    Janette the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! I love this hair style and the video makes it seem so easy and straight forward. I will have to give it a go some time. I look forward to more hair tutorials :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok. absolutely LOVE this!! Seriously, adorable! I love the music and everything about it. I felt like I had stepped back in time. :) Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this. Imma try it out. =)



    http://sassychunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great video! The hairstyle looks really good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing tutorial!!! Glad I found your blog!
    Kisses
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! Great video idea....luuuuuuuuved it :) Do you let your hair dry before pulling the pins out?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,

    I’m writing to you on behalf of Disney’s Babble.com. We’d love to include one of your hair tutorials and/or images (above) in a post on our site. The photo can be found at the following link:

    http://twohappyhearts.blogspot.com/2012/05/hair-tutorial-20s-inspired-finger-waves.html

    Would you be willing to give us permission to use your photos on our site and social pages? We will link back to your site and give you proper photo credit.

    Please let me know if you are interested.

    Thanks,
    Kimberly Zapata
    Writer/Freelancer, Babble.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,

      Sorry for the delay! Your comment went into spam for some reason. Of course you can use photos for the post! Let me know if you end up using them - I'd love to take a look.

      Thanks,
      Christen

      Delete