7.16.2011

a little summery DIY skirt

a few days ago, i found a fun idea on the Free People Blog.
one of the girls turned an oversized, button-down shirt into a skirt!
and the best part? there's NO SEWING INVOLVED.
it's just a clever little trick to style a shirt two ways.



[shirt]


[skirt]
*to turn it into a skirt: button shirt halfway (starting from the bottom), step in, tie sleeves around waist.











i thought this was such a fun idea.
i find so many oversized shirts at thrift stores, and after a while i can't find a reason to buy any more!
but now that i know this little trick, i've got an excuse to buy more ;)

if any of you end up trying this, take some photos and leave me a link!
i'd love to see different variations.

i hope everyone is having a happy saturday!


20 comments:

  1. So awesome! I saw a pin on pinterest today that was a girl did the same thing only made it a dress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I loved it worn as a skirt and a shirt!

    Following you now on Bloglovin and Google, I would love it if you followed me back!

    Chrysa
    Stories and Sequins

    ReplyDelete
  3. So adorable. I love your red shoes.

    xo,
    Em

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cool! whoever came up with this is a genius!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool idea.

    Happy weekend to you!

    Sal x

    http://danielandi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow! What a fantastic idea, I love it heaps and you look gorgeous. :)

    Thanks for the link! I really like the shop! So many cute things!

    Hope you had a lovely weekend.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness what an amazing and easy idea!! <3 it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever idea! <3 It looks wonderful!

    x
    Lost in the Haze

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a super cool idea! so clever and the thing i adore the most....NO SEWING! that is rad news to me for sure. love it and you look extra cute in both styles; red kicks are darling, so are those lace leggings. you always find new ways to wear them, which helps me out a ton for ideas. thanks doll! happy new week ahead. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog!You are so cute! Thank you for following me dear! I'm following you now!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm up for anything that doesn't require sewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! love your style!

    www.prettylittleinspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so clever! Love how you turned the shirt into a skirt, that is so original and looks great!

    http://www.badjoan.com
    http://www.badjoan.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this look! so easy & clever :)

    ReplyDelete