10.14.2011

these violets remind me i'm golden










{shirt: handmade by my sister, skirt: shop in New Zealand, tights: FP, shoes: borrowed from my Mom}

I have the day off today, so I had a lazy-sleep-in-kinda morning.
I went on my back porch and took some self portraits after breakfast.
Tim is working today, so I was on my own for outfit shots!

Let me tell ya....trying to throw leaves perfectly for a self-timer is pretty hard!
And I'm sure some of my neighbors could see me actin' a fool...running around on my porch, throwing leaves and laughing to myself.
Oh boy...

And I took a curling iron to my hair today!
I feel sort of weird curling my hair...seeing that my hair is naturally curly.
But I really love the way the "controlled curls" look.
And mayyyyybe I've been practicing a certain hairstyle for my halloween costume ;)
I rarely plan out my costumes ahead of time.
I always end up scrambling up something at the last minute.
I thought it would be fun to plan something out for this year!

I'm off to hang out with my mom & sis.
We're having dinner with my parents tonight...but we're sneaking in some girl time beforehand.
Eeeeek! Mom-daughter-daughter time is the best ;)

Happy Friday!!
I think a beautiful weekend is in store.

xo, Christen

25 comments:

  1. I really like your shirt a whole lot! And your self-timing skills, haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great great outfit!! I like the leggings...
    and the photos are great anyway!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha! I love the part about you taking pictures and what your neighbors thought. Hilarious. :) This outfit is absolutely amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hair is too pretty! Gorgeous outfit too.

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My neighbours already got used to me acting weird, running back and forth with my camera, haha ^^ I love these photos, you are so cute! and what a lovely outfit you have on :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. that giant bow has WON my heart! and the leaves! gorgeous!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look adorable in this outfit!!! I love the tights with the skirt and booties.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just discovered your blog and LOVE it! Now following you xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope you have a lovely weekend! Has your kiwi husband made you watch any of the Rugby World Cup? NZ vs Aussie in a few hours and we have a very nervous nation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very lovely, we love your outfits s much! We totally see ourselves wearing those dress.

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the entire outfit...especially the leaf playing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay, leaves! You look adorable beyond belief!

    ReplyDelete
  13. sexy tights and i love all these cute bows!

    xo zebra and meerkat

    ReplyDelete
  14. gosh, you/your blog is so cute! i just spent a good half hour reading your old posts, and I love your style. You have such cute hairstyles and I love the little owls on your Etsy. I just started blogging and have found that not a lot of bloggers are also from the midwest, so I am looking forward to reading more of your posts in the future :)


    vestigialwings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. great pics! it makes me so excited for fal :) have a great time with your mum and sis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE your outfit. And I love that the pictures have leaves in them. Mmm fall!! :]

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aww you look like your having a blast playing in the leaves. Sadly, the leaves haven't quite fallen here yet, but my fingers are crossed!

    That handmade blouse is so cute and dainty looking.
    & radical boots!
    xoxo mama wolf

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww fall leaves are so gorgeous. and your hair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look absolutely fab in these pics, I like you style!Funny post, i love see you playng with leaves!
    Take a look at my blog, and if you like it follow me, I’ll be waiting for you!

    Cosa mi metto???

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your outfit so so much! Those photos are just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So cute! That skirt is just lovely. So happy I stumbled across your gorgeous little corner of the internet today!

    Katie x

    ReplyDelete