10.22.2011

embroidery hoop project + DIY tea tin magnets!

I'm stocking up for an upcoming craft show in Chicago.
Next month, I'll be a vendor at the DIY Trunk Show!
I did the show last year, and I loved it.
There were so many amazing vendors and tons of amazing people.
They've moved the location to a larger building...so there's bound to be even more greatness this year!

I just started designing & stitching up these embroidery hoop pieces:








I'm trying to make as many as possible before the show!
Afterwards, I'll post everything that doesn't sell in the shop ;)

Ohhh, and I've got such a fun DIY for you today!
I found this project on Pinterest. I thought it would be fun to share!

Vintage Tin Magnet DIY:


SUPPLIES: Vintage tea tins. Any size to your liking. I used little ones.
ProMag Adhesive Magnets - I got mine from Michael's. Any craft store should carry them.


STEP ONE: Peel back paper to reveal adhesive backing.


STEP TWO: Figure out placement of magnets. I only used two, but you may need more depending on the size of your tin!


STEP THREE: Stick magnets to tin. I used thick, strong magnets...just in case ;)


STEP FOUR: Stick to your fridge! Fill will pens, flowers..whatever your heart desires!

Send me some photos if you end up doing this project!
I'd love to see different versions ;)

Have a beautiful Sunday.
xo, Christen.

8 comments:

  1. YAY! Now I know what to replace my boring kitchen smiley magnets with. Tins <3

    http://www.seren-dip-a-tea.blogspot.com/ Please follow me :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, loved the DIY!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cute DIY ^^ I must try! I'm also loving your embroidery pieces, those little things are just so cute! Love the floral patterns you used :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. the embroidery is SO cute!!

    <3 steffy
    http://steffysprosandcons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soo great!! love the DIY and the lil owls! :)

    ReplyDelete