8.17.2012

A Bright Summer!

I don't think there's such a thing as too much color in my life.
After recently dyeing my hair red, I find myself wanting to wear color even more!
You'd think it would have the opposite effect. Like my hair brings enough vibrancy to my clothes.
But no. I've been drawn to bright colors this summer, regardless of my bright new hair.





Dress & bunny ring: c/o ModCloth, Shoes: Kohls, Jacket: Cotton On, Hair bow: Hunter Gatherer

The next two days are unfortunately the last two I'll get to spend with my sister before she and her family leave for New Zealand.
Tim and I will be joining them mid-October. But it's gonna be a long 2 months.
Kylie and I have never been this far apart!

Anyway....awkward/funny story from last night:
I went out with some friends for a little farewell dinner for Ky.
I got to the restaurant first (alone...Tim was working)
and as I'm standing there a guy walks by and goes, "If I was him, I wouldn't stand you up."
To which I replied with an awkward giggle and "Thaaaanks..." Awkward, right?!
He just assumed that my date stood me up because I was standing there alone!
I quickly fumbled for my phone and pretended to get a text before he started talking to me.
People are so silly sometimes.
But it made for a good laugh/story once my friends got there.

Happy weekend!
Hopefully nothing awkward happens to you ;)

18 comments:

  1. It's so great to hear that I'm not the only one that does stuff like get-pretend-texts-to-ignore-silly-people. Makes me feel a little bit more "normal." It's still funny though anyways!
    --Halie

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't you wish you could make your wedding ring actually light up sometimes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this dress is so amazing <3 you look gorgeous <3
    yeah, i had one awkward situation with my friend you know. it's so stupid. i just hate situations like this :<
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/CoeursDeFoxes

    ReplyDelete
  4. great post!
    come by and lets fllw each other if you love to do:)
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this dress! you look awesome! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a cute dress. I love all of your photos.

    No doubt dear. Because you are pretty. Every guy has his eyes on you. =)


    http://sassychunny.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this dress. i love it with your hair especially. i've considered buying this from modcloth and i love seeing on someone. and your sunnies? amazingly perfect on you

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your hair is gorgeous and so is your dress!

    Carmen Ri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I actually dyed my hair red last year and am going back to brown this fall. LOVE the red hair on you though, and it definitely made me wear more color. SO SO fun, but the upkeep gets to be a bit much for this unkempt gal.
    LOVE that blue dress.
    Trish

    www.jellybonesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The red hair looks so great on you!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my fave outfit on you so far. As a person who is about to dye their hair purple I have had much fun matching all my bright dresses to the dye box in preperation. Long live loud hair!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That situation is a little awkward!! I've had things like that happen too, but they do make for funny stories! Also, are you moving to New Zealand!? OR just visiting!? Either way that's so exciting.

    I love your dress, and I can see why you would want to wear more color. This blue definitely looks amazing with your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, I found your blog on Modcloth. I love your red hair and I can't believe it's dyed. It looks so great on you! Great style too. :) Looking forward to reading more!

    -Lindsey
    Et tu, tutu?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you are venturing more into colors. I'm a bit color-obsessed myself. Even in my middle-high school tomboy years I wore color. As I type this I'm wearing yello, baby pink, and grey....

    I wish I could afford that dress right now it looks amazing!

    And should I be glad those awkward things don't happen to me? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoo! New Zealand!!!! ;D Don't freeze to death here hehe

    ReplyDelete
  16. This dress is beyond adorable, and you look so cute in it! I love that blue with your amazing hair colour.

    Yay, New Zealand! I always get weirdly excited when bloggers overseas mention 'my country', haha. And that story is too funny - I would definitely have pretended to text too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's awesome. I just discovered your blog, and I'm definitely a fan. Following now! xo

    ReplyDelete