7.05.2013

Three Cheers For The Red White & Blue







Dress: Handmade | Jacket, Scarf, Shoes: Thrifted | Sunnies: Chicwish

For the 4th of July, Timothy and I went over to my parents' house. It's become a yearly tradition to have a BBQ and watch the boys light off fireworks into the air while my Mom, sister, and I watch from around a bonfire. And my Dad has usually made an amazingly patriotic playlist, which we have blasting from the house. It wasn't until I married a man from another country that I realized just how patriotic we are in the States. American pride is pretty fun, especially on a holiday like the 4th. Everyone is wearing red, white & blue and there are hundreds of American flags flying around the neighborhood. While we were in New Zealand, it was surprising to see three NZ flags in a day! It's kind of amazing to live in a country like the US.

I wore this dress for the festivities. I made it last summer and I thought it was perfect for the 4th! So I wore it for a few hours until I picked up my little nephew who just happened to be soaking wet after playing with the hose! Haha! Luckily I brought a change of clothes. I've learned that my little nephew tends to have too much fun to stay clean for a whole evening....which is the greatest ;)

I hope you all had an amazing holiday! And I hope that all of you who don't live in the States enjoyed watching us Americans be silly and super patriotic all day. Have an amazing Friday and a happy weekend!

14 comments:

  1. So lovely! This dress is absolutely adorable. Love the bows, they're so sweet. Envious of your skills!

    xox Sammi
    www.thesoubrettebrunette.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! You're right, I do see several American flags per day, even when it's not a holiday. I live in FL and there's a GIANT confederate flag flying over one of the interstates near Tampa. I laugh every time I see it. I guess some people still aren't over the Civil War.

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty dress!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like such a cute and fun tradition! Since I don't live by any of my family anymore, I have kind of had to make it up as I go in terms of holiday celebrations. I LOVE your red gingham dress, I am wearing a vintage one on my blog and we would have been twins had we stood next to each other yesterday! I can't believe you made yours though, the bow is just darling!
    xo Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything about your outfit! Your gingham dress and is to die for, and looks perfect paired with a jean jacket.

    www.thischarmingwanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your dress is just adorable, love the bows!
    Amia
    www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man this is such a perfect Fourth of July outfit! You look amazing in this gingham dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your head scarf :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful outfit, I love the dress so much!

    Can't believe you made this, it looks absolutely perfect!

    Love,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful dress! It goes so well with your hair color!

    I love the Fourth of July too...it's so refreshing to see the American flags everywhere. And it's a good excuse to dress up in red, white, and blue :)

    <3 Kelly | The Patch Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look so amazing <3 i love this look <3 :) you retro girl, aw !

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. holy cow I am super impressed that you made that dress, it is incredible and so so cute on you!! wish i'd have seen this early for my 4th of july styles post! glad you had a great day w/ family, your parents house looks amazing! is your hubs from new zealand? mine is from venezuela but they're def more patriotic there.
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so incredible beautiful, I'm speechless! Love your outfit posts, they're so well done. This dress looks beautiful on you, majorly jealous of your collections of hair embellishments! :)

    http://www.ragsoflove.com/ xx

    ReplyDelete