7.11.2013

Hair Tutorial: Sock Bun


Oh, the sock bun. It is my go-to summer hairstyle. You don't need to fuss with any bobby pins and it's so nice to have all your hair up and off your neck on hot days. So here it is - a super simple tutorial for a wonderful summer hairdo. 

You'll need to start off by sacrificing a sock. Since my hair is quite long, I chose a longer sock. You might need to have a few sock casualties before you find the perfect one. Start off by snipping off the toe end of the sock so it becomes a tube. Starting from the toe end, roll your sock completely, creating a little doughnut-shaped bun.

ONE: Tie your hair into a high ponytail. TWO: Pull your hair through the center of the sock. Starting from the end off your ponytail, start to pull your hair over the sock as you roll towards your head. THREE: Tuck and cover the sock as well as you can as you roll all the way down. FOUR: The finished bun should cover the sock and be secure without bobby pins.

And there you have it! One of my favorite summer styles. Give it a try if you haven't before! I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

10 comments:

  1. This is genius! I'm going to try it this weekend!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! I'll have to give it a shot. Thanks!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess I have never tried a SOCK bun. I suppose I'm in the old school league of ladies who just roll their hair in a bun out of nothing, which causes you to have much more work haha I am definitely going to look for a lovely sock to sacrifice in order to try this out! :)
    Thank you so much for sharing!
    -
    Ester from Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the free version of that "Hot Buns" thing! I'm sure I could find a way to mess this up :)

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your hair look amazing!

    ~Lou~
    Ps: i'm doing a fashion-related survey for my dissertation, 5 mins, much much help ♥ https://fr.surveymonkey.com/s/2SJRFPJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dig your vintage vibe, mama! (And your super rad hair!) Glad I stumbled upon your blog! The sock bun is pretty much the most important discovery since..........the bun.

    xo
    ashley
    www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been wondering how people do this bun... this is brilliant. you look wonderful, Christen!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh thats super cool!
    http://enwellove.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete