8.12.2013

A Road Trip

We are back from our marvelous North Carolina vacation. Kylie and I got home late last night after a long, but very fun, drive home together. I got some 35mm photos developed and I thought I'd share some of my favorites. These photos were all taken with my new Canon AE-1. It's quickly become my favorite camera I've ever owned. And I've owned quite a few!






We had the best time laying out by the ocean, going out for ice cream, taking walks, jet skiing, wake-boarding (which I failed miserably at! haha), kayaking, and spending time with our wonderful friends from New Jersey.

Kylie and I dropped the boys off at the Norfolk airport and drove on, just the two of us. It's been ages since we've spent quality time on the road together. It was such a fun time just driving and chatting and listening to music and stopping for photos. We stopped in Maryland for the night then drove on through Pennsylvania, Ohio, and finally back home to Indiana.







She is moving to Tampa tomorrow, so it was a bittersweet last trip together. I'm so thankful for it. Now I've got a trip to Tampa to plan! Kylie and I have made it a tradition to spend our birthday together every year. This year, my Mom and I are planning a birthday trip to Tampa in October. I'm pretty thankful that my twin is moving to such a beautiful, fun state.

11 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had such a fantastic trip.

    And Tampa, FL?
    My husband & I live not even thirty minutes away from there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks and sounds like a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. TAMPA?!!!! My sisters and I just might need to hook her up with some play dates :) haha So random and weird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a nice little trip!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your trip sounds/looks so fun! And Tampa is a nice city, I'm sure you will have fun visiting her there!

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh, these are dreamy. looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are way too adorable <3
    I'm glad you and your sister enjoyed that lovely trip <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are all so beautiful. You've got a lovely family!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good looking photos. You're gorgeous girls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Is that Pittsburgh in your photo??

    Your road trip sounds great! You're actually pretty lucky she's moving to Tampa because Tampa is a blast!!! Lots of fun things to do and there's a beach nearby. It'll make for fun visits :)

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos. I have a twin too! She's moving to New Zealand in September so I know how you're feeling.

    ReplyDelete