10.31.2013

Apple Orchard Birthday!

Yesterday was my birthday. Tim and I decided to spend the day doing things we've been meaning to do together, but have been too busy to do lately. We had chocolate chip waffles for breakfast, went to see a movie (Gravity...which was intense and so good), had dinner at a local restaurant, and went to our local apple orchard to walk around the orchard and eat our favorite fall treat - pumpkin donuts! 













Cardigan + shirt: Thrifted | Sequin Slip: Free People | Beanie: Urban Outfitters | Boots: Macy's | Collar clip: Ebay

It was so perfect. Tim and I had talked about going into Chicago to shop and eat out for my birthday...but I realized that I wanted to spend a relaxing day with Tim, not worrying about parking or traffic or anything like that. Maybe it's a sign of getting older that I just want to relax and spend quality time with my husband. And you know what? I'm ok with that. I'm ok with turning into a boring old married couple ;)

Oh, and Happy Halloween! I hope you're all dressing up and having a grand ol' time tonight. 

19 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! You look lvoely, and that sounds like such a fun day. mmmm, pumpkin donuts! That sounds incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dear, I really like your blog and style. It's so inspiring! I thought it would be awesome if we could follow each other. Just let me know! I'll follow back :) X Anna

    www.fashionanna.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh, I love these photos! so dreamy and autumn-y...you are such a cutie couple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your birthday sounded like it was such a splendid day! I feel ya on the wanting to stay in with your husband instead of going out. I'm the same way!

    Happy Halloween! :)

    XO
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy day, beautiful! Love the apple-juggling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! Sounds like a wonderful day! Being an old boring married couple is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw happy birthday!! This outfit is perfect, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That glitzy skirt is sooo perfect. It looks like a lovely outing as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Relaxing birthdays are always nice anyway. Happy belated birthday! These pictures turned out so great. They scream "fall"! I could really go for a pumpkin donut right about now...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated birthday from me too!
    Those are the most beautiful pictures, you look so happy!
    xo Lisa

    The Appleberry

    ReplyDelete
  11. happy belated birthday <3 aw you beautiful lady <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, look at you! I'm so in love with your glittery mini skirt, you are fabulous! I'm so glad to hear that you had a great birthday doing things you love :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  13. A bit late now, but Happy Birthday!

    I didn't even know you could get pumpkin doughnuts, thats amazing.

    Hmm maybe...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love everything about this outfit! and the birds eye view shot of the doughnuts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. the whole vibe of this post is so magnetic to me. i mean... it's so amazing. bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely photos!!! I love your sparkly skirt!

    <3
    heather
    fashionistanygirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Where have I actually been? I'm totally in awe of you and your fabulous blog! simply stunning!!! what magical photos! xxxx

    ReplyDelete