3.31.2011

what a day for a daydream

i got this dress from my friend wendy back in high school.
i can't remember if we were doing a clothing swap, or if she just gave it to us.
but somehow my sister and i aquired this true vintage piece from wen's grandma!

i can imagine she was the prettiest, sweetest little thing back in the day.
especially if her wardrobe was this adorable!
i have so much fun when i wear this.
it literally screams SPRING.
well, not litterally...you know what i mean ;)


















dress: vintage, cardigan: thrifted, tights: kohls, boots: gift, belt: anthro, purse:thrifted

four years ago, when we first got the dress from wen:




these last two photos are so nostalgic for me.
they make me think of the "good ol' days"
when i had nothing better to do than put flowers in my hair and spend time with my closest friends.
they also make me think of summer...and how it's right around the corner!!

well i'm off to get my day started.
casey is staring at me like "mom. seriously. take me out."
so, i'd better oblige.

have a lovely, lovely thursday.
the weekend is almost here!

xo.

24 comments:

  1. oh my god are you serious!!??

    I NEED YOUR DRESS, it's wayyyyy too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute dress :)

    madamegrunge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your dress is too adorable, and it looks wonderful with the cardigan. These photos are fantastic as well, you're such a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. BEAUTIFUL! That dress makes me want to go thrifting...I doubt I'd find anything equally stellarkellar..but by golly, I shall try!
    Have a greattt day!

    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot girl ♥

    This dress is so cute ! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw sooo cute! Love the big bold graphic for spring! And love that you paired with a mustardy cardigan...picks up all the fab shades of your shift! Great find, thanks for sharing!

    xo-Julie

    Haute Khuuture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the dress! and i especially love the polaroids :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look too adorable! Love the bold print:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. such a gorgeous outfit. that dress was made for you! beautiful beautiful blog. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This dress is gorgeous. Infact, I love your whole outfit (especially the boots!) Hope you have a great weekend =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous...I love the retro sixties vibe of that dress...the print is just to die for and you are soooo pretty xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable dress! And even better that there is such a fun story behind it. True vintage pieces are the best, and having them come from someone close to you makes them just that much better. I have a few treasures from my own grandma's wardrobe and from friends that I love as much for where they came from as for how chic they are :) Lovely post- I love that you added old photos along with the new ones.
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh! love your blog so much girl!! beijinhos from porto;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. In love with your purse!!i find you at chictopia, lovely blog, follow you now!! you make me feel so happy if you visit my blogs:
    http://celita-cristina.blogspot.com/
    http://missvintageshopcelita.blogspot.com/
    and follow if you like it!!
    have a happy weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a very cute outfit, and I can see why you absolutely love that dress, it's very adorable! :)

    Lubna | elle VOX

    ReplyDelete
  16. me gusta mucho tu blog, las fotos son muy bonitas!!

    http://elbasaez.blogspot.com/
    http://beyourselfp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. hands down the cutest dress i've seen in a while! the flower print is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a sweet little dress! I think I'd wear that every day!

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice blog, love those shoes :)

    http://steffanies-style.blogspot.com/

    http://steffanies-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. That dress is so lovely, you pull it off so well! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love you dress! It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. it's as good as it was from the very 1st day! just lovely and you look beautiful in it. reliving those kinds of memories through a clothing item is where it's at! ♥

    ReplyDelete