4.05.2011

beach baby, beach baby give me your hand

first beach date of the year!
tim & i went on a last-minute trip to the beach the other night.
on the way he stopped and surprised me with ice cream.
let's be serious though - you can't go to the beach WITHOUT having ice cream either before OR after.

we got there right before sunset.
it was too magical!
even though we only have lake michigan, it feels so wonderful to have a large body of water nearby.
tim & i both love the ocean so dearly (he's from new zealand, and i'm from california)
so it's like a piece of home for us.

we found this adorable little boat house near the shore.
there was the prettiest teal boat stored there!
we jumped at the chance to take photos near it.

ALSO...a quick, fun story behind these oxfords:
i was at the thrift store with one of my besties the other day. we were looking through the shoes (finding NOTHING good, i might add) when i said "i wish i could find some oxfords." then, like clockwork, we turned the corner and there they sat! perfect color, adorable details, and just my size! i couldn't believe it. thrift store shoes hardly ever fit. does anyone else notice most thrift store shoes are size 6?! i don't get it. and i'm definitely no 6. but anyway...i was so thrilled.














perfect $3 oxfords! full credit goes to a magical thrift store near my hometown.










hat: thrifted, shirt: thrifted, cardigan: macy's, skirt: thrifted, tights: kohls, shoes: thrifted, purse: thrifted

oh, and some more absolute silliness. just because.







tonight, casey and i are taking it easy at home while tim is at band practice.
we're sitting here cuddling, listening to music and browsing online...
this is the life ;)

have a lovely evening, my dear friends.

xo.


25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have incredible bone structure!...such adorable cheek bones. Your outfit is lovely as well, I adore the lace skirt. These photos are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous that you got to go to the beach AND have ice-cream! Can't wait to do that. And those Oxfords are gorgeous xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. loving everything about this outfit. especially your braids!!! oh how i wish i had long, glorious hair.

    and that bottom picture is perfect. frame worthy. do it!

    aaaaand...so glad you liked alela diane! "oh, my mama" is one of my favorite songs in life right now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are seriously gorgeous, i love these pictures. i love your lace skirt & your cute pigtails. i am your newest follower, thanks so much for commenting on my blog!!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg and i LOVE your owls, my next payday (friday) i am going to buy one and give it lots of love!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  7. that braids <3 nice way to work it out with that outfit! and I agree with ERika, your bone structure is amazing! I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These pictures are so cute! And those oxfords are a super super find. I always find HUGE shoes in thrift stores. I love your hair and I'm jealous of your ability to go to pretty places and take photos. Where I live, it's freezing cold and snowing still =(

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pics! Perfect outfit Love your style and blog!
    xoxo
    call-me-eva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. uh i'm so jealous! we can't even see the beach yet under all this snow... ):

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are just the cutest thing! Love the whole outfit, especially that red shirt! And your pigtails just really complete the whole look. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg that outfit is amazing! you look perfect. love those oxfords, they go perfectly with your outfit.

    beach days are the best days ever. i cant wait to get to the beach when i get back to sydney x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so beautiful, I love your blog! :)

    Looks like a magical day down by the beach. Your oxfords are a fantastic find!


    xoxo,
    Addie
    The Cat Hag

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much loveliness going on here... your pictures are fab, lovey the outfit, and those oxfords are just dreamy. What a thrifting treasure indeed. Hope your having a lovely Thursday. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this. So stylish! Beyond glad I discovered your blog. I'm absolutely in love with this. I'd really be glad if you visit mine too. Check it out for updates every day about the latest fashion news, trends and street style. Would love your support. Kisses from Brazil xoxo

    PS: If you follow me, I'll follow you back.
    http://www.dailycatwalk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY GOSHHHH. You two are the cutest things on the planet. I love the pictures of you two! And your braids are so sweet. I love the hat and the red blouse! You pop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hair is SO cute ! Amazing find for those oxfords. I'm definitely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. you're so pretty and I love your lace skirt combinated with the red polka shirt :) have a great weekend xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww, this is beautiful !
    I love it !
    xx

    Henar <3
    ...OH MY VOGUE!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This outfit is absolutely adorable! And your backdrops (the beach! the driftwood! the little boat!) are perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loving everything about this post! You look gorgeous, and umm...bargain on the oxfords!

    You're right, no trip to the beach is complete without icecream, looks like you had a fun adventure :) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lucky you!

    And what a darling find on the thrifted skirt -- it's stunning!

    http://bridgetfossedal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love this post, your hair is so sweet and the outfit simply amazing. I adore the beach setting xxx

    ReplyDelete