5.11.2011

lay your head on our mountain bed.

in honor of our upcoming trip to colorado for our 1 year anniversary,
i decided to share some super-duper lovely photos of colorado, and the beautiful mountains there.
(okay, so not ALL these photos are technically from colorado!)

i lived in california for the first 6 years of my life,
so when i'm by the ocean or mountains, i feel so content.
it's like going home.

so, needless to say, i'm over-the-moon excited about seeing these beautiful sights on our trip.

i mean, don't get me wrong, indiana is wonderful in some ways (friends, family, community).
but come on, you can't beat living near beauty like this.

you should also listen to this song.
my sister showed it to me.
it's billy bragg and wilco, off an album of them covering unreleased woodie guthrie songs.
it's so beautiful. basically a long poem set to lovely music.
(the music starts about 7 seconds in.)
it's about 6 and a half minutes, but soooo worth it!








something about colorado always makes me think of native americans.
(and yes, i think headdresses are the coolest!)














images via we heart it.

our trip is just a few weeks away now!
and i'm seriously thinking about buying some native american headdresses for us.

how fun would it be to do a one year anniversary photoshoot wearing some of these beauties?!

have a lovely wednesday everyone!
i'm off to spend time with my sister and celebrate a belated mother's day with my lovely mom this evening.

love you all!

xoxo.

28 comments:

  1. that is so exciting!! we just started planning our trip to corpus christi, tx at the end of this month! vacations are so much fun especially when beautiful scenery is involved! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to live near a reservation in South Dakota. Headresses are gorgeous things. I really hope you pick a few up and snap some shots :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how fun! Congrats on the 1 year! I love all the pics you posted!

    love from San Francisco,

    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  4. such peaceful pictures! yay for your 1 year!


    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the photos!


    http://oppositelipstick.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. that song goes perfect with all of those gorgeous pictures! love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these photos are just too beautiful. I wish I could be going to Colorado! I've heard it's a great place to vacation at.

    // THE STYLE MANUAL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well considering I am moving down to Colorado this summer, these pictures made me very excited! Have so much fun on your trip, and I'd love to see more pictures from your time there : ]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have an amazing trip! I love Colorado whether it's summer or winter. Such a beautiful state.

    classy & fabulous

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm fairly obsessed with feather headresses too - aren't they just the greatest!

    x
    www.lostinthehaze.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. enchanting

    www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my. you are going to have so much fun! and might i add, these pictures are all so amazing. can't wait to see your pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sigh...Colorado, it will be a visonary escape for sure! Have a blast :)

    xx Cat brideblu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on your 1 year! I love all the pictures of headdresses you included, they're so beautiful. Your post inspired me to get crafting this weekend and create my very own headdress.

    ReplyDelete
  15. how super fun would that be?! I say go for it, buy those awesome headdresses and wear them out ;) congrats on your first year anni! how super adorable hehe. I can't wait to be able to say that when I'm married -sigh- please keep us updated with cute pictures!

    XX

    ReplyDelete
  16. you have a lovely blog! and YES go for the Indian hair-accessories! so awesome :)
    http://www.lovemins.com
    xoxo, Saskia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice blog:)) I invite you to my blog:)
    FOLLOW?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I would love to go to Colorado someday... I need mountains in my life!

    http://sweetharvestmoon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. you totally HAVE TO DO IT! a headdress photo shoot would be awesome lades. happy holiday dreams until the reality arrives.

    i loved listening to that tune in the background while looking at these fantastical images. yes, perfect accompaniment. cheers! ♥

    pea ess: sure hope the blogger conundrum didn't affect you too bad, i've been trying to simmer down since things went haywire and have used up all the alloted amounts of "goosefraba" for like a week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning photos!

    I hope you have a great time. :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really want to have a cowboy and indian themed party so I can see all the menfolk in boots and ladies in headdresses. This has totally inspired the look I want for my imaginary party. You're invited. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  22. absolutely beautiful photos!! :)

    love, polly

    ReplyDelete
  23. this post is beyond fantastic1 mountains are my heart.

    ReplyDelete