7.28.2011

Music Spotlight - Natalia Lafourcade

hello darling friends! i'm enjoying a day off today.
most of my morning has been spent sitting at the coffee shop my sister works at.
does anyone else tend to get cabin fever if you're home all day?
i thought it would be nice to get out of the house and blog from the cafe today.

today i've got a little music spotlight for you...
natalia lafourcade is an adorable singer/songwriter from mexico.
i discovered her music when my friend wendy showed me her take away show from la blogotheque.
they have videos called take away shows. they film artists at interesting locations all around the world.
some of my favorites (besides natalia) include: Mumford & Sons, Fleet Foxes, Andrew Bird, and First Aid Kit.
if you've got some spare time, you could lose yourself in these amazing videos.

anyway! back to the oh so adorable Natalia.
not, this whole video is perfection....but i particularly love the first song, Ella Es Bonita (translates to She is Beautiful.)
i mean, how adorable is she?! running while playing guitar, laughing as she loses her breath when she first starts singing, hopping around on those little yellow things...CUTE!


ps. her boots are wonderful.

i always appreciate musician when they have pretty photoshoots
i love these of natalia:









i hope you all enjoyed this little snippet of musical beauty!
it sure brightened my day a bit.

have a lovely Thursday, friends!

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is amazing :) I'm a fan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow the tiger hat is what id die for! so wonderful! x

    sydsense

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Natalia!!! SHE"S MY FAVORITE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WONDERFUL BLOG!
    HI! my name's martina and I come from Italy... I'd like you visit my blog and if you want.... follow me! I wait you and your tips!
    Thanks! kisses, Marti! ;DDDDD
    Glamour Marmalade

    ReplyDelete
  5. good you got out and washed away the cabin fever. i hear that girl! however my computer isn't portable - boo urns! so just gotta stay planted in the ol' office for extended periods of time. but love to include this music to break the monotony! she's such a cutie!!! never heard of her before but what a little bit of joy she is.

    INCREDIBLE photos too - gosh, i love her vibe and creativity total. thanks for the introduction, you're so rad! ♥

    ReplyDelete