9.22.2011

breakfast is the best!

This morning I woke up at 6 (on my day off, mind you!)
to cook my husband a world-class meal....well, world class in my book anyway.
I found an amazing recipe for 'baked eggs'.
They're kind of like quiche...and super easy to make.

[I originally found this recipe on Food Coma.]

Mini Baked Eggs, makes 4

Needed: 1 sheet of thawed puff pastry, 4 eggs, 1/4 cup milk or cream, salt and pepper to taste.

Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 even squares. Place the pastry in well-greased mini pie pans. In a bowl whisk together the eggs and milk (or cream, if using). Fill pans with egg mixture, 2/3 full. Fold pastry edges over the top (just pinch them so they stay down as they will have nothing to hold on to). Sprinkle on a bit of salt and pepper.

Place the mini pans on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes until puff pastry looks golden and crispy and the egg mixture has set.









Thai Iced Coffee. One of my faves!
My sister worked at a cafe, and they served this.
She told me the recipe and I made up an 'at home' version.
I used my espresso machine, but you can also use iced coffee with sweetened condensed milk, ice, and any creamer you'd like.
I personally love Silk Vanilla Soy.




you'll need: La Lechera, Silk Vanilla Soy, Iced Coffee or 2 shots of espresso


See that layer of white underneath the espresso? that's about how much La Lechera I use.
I never measure. Just layer the bottom with a decent amount.




I had so much fun making this breakfast!
It was really nice to wake up and start the day off in a creative way.
I highly suggest it ;)

Anybody know of good breakfast recipes?
I'm all hyped up to try new things!

18 comments:

  1. WOW!!! i have got to try those eggs! How gourmet!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. everything about this looks delicious. i'm not kidding when i say that tasty drinks are one of life's highlights for me, and dumping sweetened condensed milk into my coffee is on my list of things to do. great advice. i love you. (do we know each other well enough for the ily words? yes. i think so)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow they looks so different and easy to make! Love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmm looks yummy!!! did you see vanessa's cold brewed coffee recipe on her blog? it is good!! you should definitely give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! These look delicious! And my husband loves eggs so I must try this! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. These baked eggs look so yummy! I'll make them ASAP, but with mushrooms instead of tomatoes. Because i don't like those, haha ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  7. la lechera squeeze bottles are my best best friends. This looks DELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love FOood Coma! And I saw this recipe on there..I want to try it but puff pastry is expensiveeeeee! WOW! And lechera in coffee and pancakes rocks my taste buds! What a good wife you are!



    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  9. janette, i didn't use the puff pastry (BECAUSE it's so expensive haha)....i just used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls. they are delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks amazing! Such a good wifey doing that for him!

    Breakfast is my favourite meal, so much so that we often have "brinner" (breakfast at dinner). I like good old bagels and cream cheese and jam... drool.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You make cooking look like so much fun, almost makes me want to try it haha!

    -Laura x
    http://wrinkleintimevintage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh My God, This Is So Good!

    Lisa <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is so sweet. And thank you for sharing this recipes. =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooooo, the mini baked eggs look deliiiish !!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome, you need to incorporate more cooking posts lades, this one is a feast for the eyes! thai iced coffee sounds d-vine. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. that thai iced coffee looks amazing. i so want to try it out.

    ReplyDelete