9.25.2011

the circus is in town

This is one of my favorite skirts. EVER.
I found it at my favorite Salvation Army store a few years ago.
It was initially pretty long (almost to the floor).
And I'm not really one to sport long skirts...so my twin hemmed it up for me.
I love the length now.
It reminds me of some kind of a circus tent. Which is pretty cool, right?!
I dunno, maybe it's just me ;)
















[photos taken by my sis, in my parents' backyard.]

Skirt, boots, hat, eagle pin: thrifted
Sweater: Macy's(!)
Tights: Target



Also, I'm happy to announce the winner of the Ashley Toussant CD giveaway is the adorable Kelly from Elegantly Academic!!
You will be contacted shortly to receive your prize.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Go find an adventure of your own today<3



xo,
cj

16 comments:

  1. Wow you hair looks gorgeous! Cute skirt as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a darling skirt! i love when hemming a skirt can change it into a completely new, modern style! your hat is lovely, as well. such a cute outfit... :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a real nice skirt :D

    xx,
    Mri

    http://daydreamdoodle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the skirt IS perfect. i love the color and the buttons!

    <3 steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovvve it especially the gray tights!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. really cute a perfect fall outfit

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the monochromatic look with the pop of color from that adorable skirt. And I looove your hat- that's a great idea to stick a pin on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt is soooooo cute!!! I love the buttons and the color! Your layering is awesome, too. I love your hair! I'm trying to grow out my hair now. It takes so darn long to grow it out to your length!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ah! these photos are great and how awesome is that skirt? What a lovely lovely contrast.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. too cute! i love keepers like that, especially when they start out needing some extra alteration attention, makes them mean even more when the accomplishment is completed. looks grand Christen! and girl, how fast does your hair grow anyways??? lord, mine seems stunted at the mo, dreaming of looong locks just like yours.

    congrats to Kelly too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. super cute outfit that hat is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. mmm, this is absolutely gorgeous! the grey and red go perf together, and this hat with the eagle pin makes me wish I could raid your closet :D I love it ♥

    ReplyDelete