3.11.2012

I'll Be Your June

A few days ago, I was involved in an amazing 50s-inspired photo shoot.
My friends at Studio This Is set up an incredible concept. It turned out so great!
I was lucky enough to model and get all dolled up by professional hair & make-up artists!
I was given an adorable faux-bob inspired by the lovely Elizabeth Taylor.
One of the other vintage gals was decked out in amazing victory rolls.
I asked the hair stylist how she created the look, and she was kind enough to share some of her tips & tricks!
So, the next day I gave it a try! I was pretty darn happy with the results.

Oh, and I found these fabulous cat eye sunnies through the beautiful Koi Story blog.
They're from OC Shades. 14 bucks and free shipping?! Heck yeah.









It was so fun to try out a new hairstyle.
I plan on mastering the good ol' victory roll style ;)
I'll share a tutorial when I get better at it!

Well, I hope you're all having a beautiful Sunday.
Tim and I have already treated ourselves to some delicious lunch and frozen yogurt!

Also...listen to this wonderful song by First Aid Kit.
It's been playing constantly in my home ;)

26 comments:

  1. so pretty! the scarf is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look fab, simple but cute outfit!

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a bombshell, you look lovely! This sounds like a lot of fun, and you have made me want to wear stripes paired with red accessories today :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow I love your hair! Fifties styles are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are so darling! I love your style. xo, rv

    http://aneclecticheap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. you look simply stunning, love the beautiful hair

    ReplyDelete
  7. great sunnies and i love the victory rolls :)

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely song. Can't wait for victory rolld tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so very adorable. You look fabulous. I am really loving your hair like that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. well i won't be the first one to think this is perfect for you! beautiful girl, inspiring style.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love that song so much. :) It's been a constant in my home, car, and head for a while now. haha! You look SUPER cute! Perfect 50's model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely outfit, and the hair is amazing! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. The victory rolls look so good, keep meaning to try my hair like that!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. i loveeee victory rolls!

    the perfect vintage hairstyle !

    <3 Vega
    http://vintagecomplex.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are adorable! I love this. Everything about this is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are adorable! I love this. Everything about this is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your hairstyle rocks! Love this 50's inspired shot. Perfection.

    buy aion account

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh, victory rolls suit you perfectly! <3 I love them paired with the cateye glasses too!

    x
    Lost in the Haze: Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those glasses and that hair, amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the victory rolls on you! You look absolutely amazing. I really want to try them out again, but of course I'll have to wait until my hair gets longer. Also, those cat eye sunnies look wonderful on you!! If only you lived closer. I feel like we would be really good friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. wow you look great- SO UNIQUE
    xx the cookies
    samecookiesdifferent.blogspot.com
    share the feeling
    visit <33

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think you were born in the wrong decade.. you look amazing in this style!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete