3.27.2012

Safe & Sound

Geez louise, I haven't posted in 4 days! What the heck?!
I know you all must have been missing me ;) Just kidding, of course!
But I do really miss it when I don't put time into posting...
It's just nice to feel productive when it comes to blogging. You know what I mean?

Well anyway, it's been a bit of a crazy few days.
I won't go into detail, but let's just say sometimes things happen that are out of your control.
And all you can really do is go along and be positive and try to stay true to what your heart tells you to do.
It also helps to take your mind off things when you're completely enthralled in a good ol' book series called The Hunger Games.
And you can't go to sleep without reading as much as possible before your eyes grow too weary.
It's a bit funny that I'm getting into it.
I feel like I usually don't like most "popular" books/movies.
But I'm really enjoying this series.
Anybody else feel the same....anybody?

Haha...that's way too many words for now!
On to the more magical, fun, girly things that you're all here for ;)

I adore this outfit.
It feels so feminine and pretty and effortless.
Although, I DID put some effort into my hair. Tim actually helped a lot.
I used a tutorial my friend Katie sent my way. It's from Ruche. It's the Audrey Hepburn Bun!
I definitely haven't mastered it, but I was pretty pleased with the results.











Oh, and did you notice I'm not wearing a cardi?!
Well not to brag...but it's pretty dang gorgeous here in Indiana.
It's so perfect!

Have a lovely, warm, cozy evening.

19 comments:

  1. i'm simply in love with this feminine and romantic outfit! the top with the collar is gorgeous and the pleats in the skirt...ahh!! :)

    i hope you continue to stay positive! it's something i need to work on, too. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've totally missed your posting Christen! :) Also, how gorgeous is that blouse you have on!? I love it. And, I think that you did a great job on the Audrey bun! I wish I had more hair to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, your hair looks so pretty! I adore the pretty collar on your top and the lovely skirt :)

    xo
    Lizzie
    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look lovely. :) These feminine details work together wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is perfect-the skirt! the top! the belt! love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! As always. :) So happy you are enjoying the hunger games! So so good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look great,beautiful outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WHERE DID YOU FIND THAT TOP?! It's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been lurking on your blog for awhile.. but I had to comment on this! It is a perfect outfit, I'm in love with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lo, the top is from a store called Cotton On! I got it a few years ago in New Zealand :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No words can express how dreamy and stunning you look! Your hair is a masterpiece. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your style is lovely as are your pictures! I'm a new fan!

    Please check out my latest personal style outfit post which is being featured on the DailyBuzz Style March 9x9 challenge! http://www.goodbadandfab.com/2012/03/dailybuzz-style-9x9-personal-style-post.html

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    the personal style and fashion musings of a LA Asian fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh totally love your pretty blouse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have such a beautiful blog, I'm so glad I found it! Absolutely adore your style!! Following!

    x Aliya
    www.hillsidestory.net

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are such lovely pictures.. you have timeless beauty!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't see the tutorial that was linked? I LOVE your hair!!! How did you do it!?

    ReplyDelete
  17. [url=http://www.szabercrombieuk.co.uk/]abercrombie[/url] bagse [url=http://www.fcthomassabouk.co.uk/]thomas[/url] rfobu [url=http://www.christianlouboutincs.co.uk/]louboutin[/url] hbdsl [url=http://www.czmonclerjackets.co.uk/]moncler[/url] mgbms

    ReplyDelete