5.26.2012

Circus Time

Here are some dreamy shots we took the other evening.
My sister gave me this ridiculously amazing corduroy blazer the other day!
It's quickly becoming a solid favorite of mine.

And...I bought leather shorts. Well, I'll be honest and admit that they're "pleather".
I was shopping with my Mom & sister in Chicago and my sister Kylie found them.
She and I each bought a pair...twins...sheesh...I don't think we'll ever stop matching! haha
Anyway, I'm starting to fall in love with them so you might have to get used to seeing them on the ol' blog here ;)









Here are a few snapshots of the party we threw for my dear friend Ashton.
It was such an amazing sight!
I wish I could live in a gypsy-train-car/circus-themed world all the time.
We took a whole lot of polaroids. Maybe I'll get my hands on some to scan in & share with you sometime ;)
But for now I'll just share these pretty shots of the decorations & my 20s inspired hair!

Oh, and my darling husband got me an iPhone for our anniversary!
So I've finally joined the world of Instagram. Follow me if you'd like @twohappyhearts.

Happy Memorial Day weekend!
Have a cook-out with some people you love.

20 comments:

  1. these are so dreamy, i love your blazer and the pretty pin! that party looks so amazing, vintage and circus..two of my favorite things! i think i'm going to be the last person to get an iphone haha so sad that i'm missing out on instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the hair!!!


    www.eatblogpray.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, these photos are so dreamy and beautiful! Your outfit is fabulous too :)
    xx Maria
    http://avenuemaria.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute outfit. I'd love to wear (p)leather shorts, but when it's 90+ degrees in Cincinnati this weekend, I don't think it will be happening anytime soon. This look will be perfect for cooler temps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Welcome to instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blazer is fantastic! A great colour on you. Who did the decorating for the circus party? The sheets and lights look fabulous - can you do a how to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog and I think it is amazing.I am following you now,under name Lilie Marlen,but I don't use any photos so I will be last one on your follower list.I will be honored if you come visit my blog and follow it if you like it Have a nice day
    http://liliemarlen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These photos are just too pretty and dreamy, I can't stop looking at them :)

    And you just made want to get myself some leather shorts too!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning blazer, love that flower brooch on it. great pair of shorts too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. your look is adorable and I love the colours of these pics!

    http://itsnotjustanotherfashionblog.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  11. these are so lovely... look at that perfect lighting! and yay for having an iphone!!

    Xo,
    steffy
    Steffys Pros and Cons

    ReplyDelete
  12. super lovely <3

    come and join Predani's Vintage #1 Giveaway
    see you!

    sweet and sugars,
    Dias

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love your photos. the red blazer is great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those shorts are amazing! I love the whole outfit. and that party looks awesome, such an interesting theme for a bash....i'm sure you had tons of fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lighting in these photos are so pretty and dreamlike! That red blazer is perfection and those shorts are adorable!!

    I wouldn't mind living in a circus/carni inspired world all the time either :)

    yay for the iphone!!!!

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so cute! I love the editing. Yay iphone!! Instagram's my favorite, you'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The best theme! How I love films that have anything circus in them <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really like how you put this outfit together :)

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your outfit so much!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning! And I adore those two brooches, especially on that blazer.

    Have a happy weekend!

    blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete