7.05.2012

Summer Drink : Lemon, Lime and Bitters

I've got a special treat for you today!
It's been so darn hot this summer. Record highs of 104F (that's 40 degrees Celsius!)
It hasn't been this hot here since 1921. Ridiculous, right?!
I guess this is the trade-off for that mild winter we just had. So I can't complain ;)

I decided to share one of my favorite summer drinks...lemon, lime and bitters.
I first tasted this delicious beverage a few years ago in New Zealand.
It's super popular over there. And for good reason: it's delicious!

I highly recommend this drink for a summer cool-down.







Ingredients:
3 drops Angostura Aromatic Bitters (can be found at most grocery/liquor stores)
15 ml lime juice
Sprite or 7up
Fresh lemon
Ice

Fill glass with ice. Add 3 drops of bitters. Measure out 15 ml of lime juice & pour into glass. 

Fill the rest up with Sprite or 7up. Slice up some lemons and add one or two slice into the glass. 
Add one on the rim for ultimate fanciness! Drink up and enjoy your hot summer day.


Give it a try. I promise you won't be disappointed.
What are some of your favorite summer drinks?
I want to feature some more recipes on here!

16 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! I actually never bought bitters before, but I guess that needs to change because I have seen in it used in a ton of fancy looking summer drinks!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (and ps, your 4th of july outfit was adorable as well, hope you had a wonderful holiday!)
    xo Hannah
    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that sounds incredible delicious! I usually stick to my tried and true rum and coke... but once in a while a girl's got to branch out. Also, I'm a fan of your new header!
    http://www.alliray.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! Must try :)

    My all time fav. summer drink is Mojitos!!

    xo
    Lizzie

    placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum that sounds so good! def going to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! so refreshing on a hot summer day.

    www.eatblogpray.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. so, so yummy. and you're using your adorable cups? welp, i'm sold. xo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love drinks with lemon in it, perfect to me! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious!

    Thx for stopping by. Wanna follow each other?

    Kiss,
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  9. sounds nice
    Love,
    www.chicksinfeathers.co.cc

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great blog dear, check out mine and if you like we can follow each other :)
    MaryFashionLove

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum-I'm going to have to try it! :) Your blog is awesome-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!

    

Elle xoxo


    www.thehighfeather.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. My favorite! I can't wait to get a big Schweppes LLB in New Zealand! Let's toast one when you get there ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. this looks great! Usually in Summer I drink a brazilian drink called 'caipirinha', it goes in the same lines as this one, you'd probably like it! :)

    Drawing Dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow.. This looks super refreshing! I like to just take simple lemonade and add blueberries and sliced strawberries with ice. Loooots of ice. And maybe some mint sprigs..


    Janette, the Jongleur

    ReplyDelete
  15. So yummy, i've never thought of using bitters this way! Will definitely try this!
    dimplesdiaries
    x

    ReplyDelete