7.17.2013

Oh, It's Magic






Skirt: Kellie Falconer | Shoes & Shirt: Thrifted | Hat: Urban Outfitters

If you could capture magic in a skirt, I'm pretty sure it would be this one. I twirled and leapt around in this beauty like nobody's business. And taking photos during magic hour was just....well...magical. I'm tellin' ya, if you ever think you're having a bad day, just put on a white tulle skirt. It will chase all your troubles away. You'll just be left with a feeling of whimsy and joy. Not to mention you'll kind of feel like a Disney princess all day! The best.

A few other bloggers and I were part of a Stylists Collective, featuring this beautiful skirt designed by Kellie Falconer!
You should check out how the other ladies styled it: Alexandra of Into the Woods, Kate of Scathingly Brilliant, Kellie of Accordion to Kellie, Kenzie of Kenzie Faith, Lauren of Someone Like You

And Kellie has been generous enough to offer Two Happy Hearts readers $20.00 of anything from her lovely shop! Just use the code 2HAPPYHEARTS at checkout. Valid until July 31st.

Well, have a beautiful Tuesday! Timothy and I are planning a date at our local drive-in theater sometime soon. I'll have to share some photos of this little gem from the 1950s. Just one of the joys of an Indiana summer.

19 comments:

  1. so pretty outfit! i love your blouse and the skirt is beautiful. ♥
    Juci
    http://pinterjuci.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Christin, I am a friend of Kellie and I love how you styled her Tulle skirt! With that sweet polka dot blouse and summer braids, you look so perfect for that Indiana day in summer!! You are so correct that if you are having a down day, just put on her Tulle Skirt and twirl your way into sunshine! Thanks for such a fun perspective on this versatile wardrobe must!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful look. so pretty. love the sun light here and of course your smile.
    kisses
    maren anita

    FASHION-MEETS-ART by Maren Anita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you styled it; a bit tomboy, which is a fun twist on such a feminine, frilly skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I live in FL and there's an awesome drive in near by and we went last summer and it was miserable because we had to turn the car on every 10 minutes and blast the AC. It was SO HOT!! I thought we were going to run out of gas! Definitely more of a winter activity for FL. I do love drive ins though :)

    Your outfit is adorable and magical!

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Visiting just to see Kellie's skirt in motion! Of course, now I wanna stay and read all your posts. You look so lovely in the sunshine. And polka dots, well you had me there.

    Nice to meet you, Sue xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a beautiful job styling this! Love the blouse and the hat you chose. And the pictures are adorable <3 Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous photos!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I am loving these photos so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look stunning in these photos, I love the skirt!
    Amia
    www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I came over from Kenzie Faith to see how everyone styled this gorgeous skirt! And I must say, your photos are so ethereal and lovely. Everything – the skirt, the lighting, the way you styled it – just WORKS!

    such a fan of your blog!
    xx,
    tiana of l'esthetique

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE it, Christen! You've captured the magic of the Golden Hour to perfection. Sublime!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how fun that skirt is and how much fun your having in it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my goodness magic skirt indeed! and i love how you caught the glow of the sun behind you with your little jumps, these are just perfect! and of course I adore that so much of your outfit was thrifted. and the pigtails. I used to wear mine like that ALL the time and decided i was too old but now i shall be copying you.
    My blog: Cuddly Cacti
    My E-Shop: Mitla Moda

    ReplyDelete
  15. how lovely you look like! <3 no, it's not lovely! it's adorable <3 <3 <3

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you styled this adorable skirt! Your top looks amazing with it. Just perfect!

    -Jessica
    www.thischarmingwanderer.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. You really have a magical style, I love it. You styled this skirt beautifully, I love your polka dot shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You styled this fabulously, giving off a feeling of adventure. I especially love the hat on you, and the lighting just adds to everything.

    ReplyDelete