8.26.2013

Hometown Glory









Shirt: Thrifted | Pants: Kohl's | Headband: Handmade | Satchel: Old Faithful Vintage

Timothy and I have lived in this small Indiana town for about 4 years. We were married in this town. We got our first apartment here shortly after our wedding. This town feels like ours. I know one day we will move away and explore new cities together. I know we will miss this town when we leave it. I've lived in Indiana since I was twelve, so it basically feels like I grew up here. There are days when I want to live somewhere else and explore new cities. When you live somewhere for so long, nothing feels new anymore. But bringing somebody into your life who grew up in a different country changes the way you see things. My town became new all of a sudden. I now see beauty in the old buildings and the freight trains and  the wildlife and the changing seasons. 

We take walks downtown about once a week and Tim always notices things I've never seen before. We walk down back alleys and find birds nesting in ivy-covered walls. We find pretty pink doors and ladders leading up to rooftops we plan to climb in the middle of the night. We get ice cream and lay on the green grass in a park downtown. Nights like these are perfect. I wouldn't trade them for anything.


21 comments:

  1. Aww, that's really beautiful!

    I find that now that I've moved 400 miles away from my hometown, the things I see when I'm back in my hometown are more beautiful to me now. There is beauty everywhere, sometimes it just takes a major life change to realize what's around you.

    Elyse @ Cuddly as a Cactus

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love this pink wall as a back-drop, and your camera is the cutest!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice to live in a place you have so much history with, but it's also nice having new adventures in new places!

    Love your outfit against those pink doors. :)

    -Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. me gusta tu camiseta de rayas ;) geniales fotos

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I've been looking for pants like this, so I just ordered some. Thanks, lady!

    Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. It truly is great to see your hometown through the eyes of someone who isn't familiar with it.

    Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pink wall backdrop really makes your outfit pop. I love looking for adventures in new and familiar places.
    xx Abby | a geek tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pink background and floral crown! You're a totally cutie!

    Colour Me Classic

    ReplyDelete
  9. your town sounds so dreamy (and how can you leave a place that boasts magenta doors?!). i recently moved from chicago (where i've lived alll my life) to seattle, and i feel exactly the way you described. i like exploring my new surroundings, but home is definitely in another spot :)

    xo marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been living in my town since I was six, I'm looking forward to see more places in my future. And I love love love love your outfit in this post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute, thee pictures are so fun! Love your flower crown!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love how simple and cute this outfit is! Your hair looks as gorgeous as always too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a simple but striking outfit. Your town sounds splendid!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet ode to your town! I moved 1000 miles away from my hometown 5 years ago and I still don't have that 'this is my town' feeling I had with my hometown. I've felt like a visitor for years! It's quite off putting :/ Anyway, you're making me want to dig around in my closet for my high waisted jeans! Have a great weekend :)

    Mabel
    Life of Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  15. What's the model of your camera?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The camera used for these photos is a Canon 60D. The film camera I'm holding is a Canon AE-1 :)

      Delete
  16. ah, i'm so happy i found your blog! your style is wonderful! i love your headband/the flowers in your hair here! so cute!

    lindsey louise

    hellomrrabbitblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a gorgeous outfit!
    Bella

    http://sincerelyisabella.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the last shot!
    I need to go thrift shopping again soon.

    X Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces|

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look so darling, like a dream. I also love that Tim makes you see things in a new light. How wonderful (both literally and as a metaphor for marriage.)

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are stunning! And I'm now following you!
    Love, love, love, your style and that pink door is awesome too! Those flowers in your hair are gorgeous. And I know what you mean, we were married 3 years ago in the same town we live in now and we still love it, although I can definitely see us moving on to new adventures someday!
    Jessi
    http://haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete