9.11.2013

Tampa!

On Friday morning, I decided to fly down to Tampa to surprise my sister. Since my Mom works for Southwest, I was able to hop on a plane last-minute with her and my Dad. We boarded an early morning flight on Saturday and made our way south. Kylie and I talk all. the. time. So it was difficult to keep this a secret. Luckily I only had to keep it quiet for a day!

We landed in sunny Florida early Saturday morning. We drove to my sister's cute little home and I walked up and knocked on the door. The moment she opened the door and saw me was just priceless. We gave each other the biggest hug with tears in our eyes. I don't think I'll ever forget that moment. It sounds so cheesy, but it really was so special. We've never surprised each other like that before. It was just the greatest moment!

We spent the rest of the day catching up, playing with her son, going to her favorite shops and cafes, and exploring new places together. I took too many photos of palm trees (like any good tourist would, of course) and drank a few too many cups of coffee. 







I flew back home on Sunday night. It was a short but much-needed visit. I started back up at college this week, so things have been a bit crazy! I've settled into my schedule pretty well. I'm so excited to be back and finish what I started 5 years ago. I can't believe it's been so long. Life has been flying by these past few years. It seems like just yesterday I was 17, fresh out of high school, waiting for an adventure. And I've had plenty of adventures since then! Getting married, going to New Zealand twice, starting a new blogging endeavor...I'm just happy to be back in college, working toward my photography degree again. The next 2 years will be busy, but so rewarding.

4 comments:

  1. I don't have a sibling but I can imagine how special the surprise was! So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great trip!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is BRILLIANT! Ahhhh I love that you did that, Kylie wouldve been beyond pumped. p.s Yes! Collage! A little jealous! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet of you! I have surprised my mom like that before, but never my sisters. someday :) and best of luck with school, how great to get to finish your degree!

    ReplyDelete