9.14.2013

Oh, My Dear









Dress: Dear Creatures | Boots: Macy's

It's September and the days are getting shorter. The sun starts to disappear around 7 o'clock. Last night Tim and I drove around town in search of a food truck that we never ended up finding. There is a red food truck that just opened up in our town and their signature dish is a four-cheese mac & cheese with panko bread crumbs on top. It's been chilly here, so we've been craving warm comfort foods. After we drove around for about 30 minutes without seeing that heavenly mac & cheese truck, we decided to just go to a takeaway place and get not-so-good noodles and go back home to watch a movie. Tonight we'll be making homemade mac & cheese. There's nothing wrong with mac & cheese two nights in a row, right?

Ok. Enough about our mac & cheese adventures. I can't stop wearing this dress. It's so silky soft and has the prettiest collar. I get compliments every time I wear it. And I just bought these boots for fall. My go-to black boots have officially bitten the dust, so it was time to invest in some new ones. I think there are plenty of adventures ahead for me & these new boots of mine. 

21 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful dress! It's the perfect fall color. I recently had to get rid of my favorite black boots too...I can't wait to find a new pair!

    ~Vicki
    Decked Out in Ruffles

    ReplyDelete
  2. The days really are getting shorter, though I must admit, I'm sort of glad. It makes taking pictures easier because the light is better earlier in the day. Love this dress! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been particularly obsessed with boots and Dear Creatures lately so this post is positively perfect! You are such a doll Christen.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mac and cheese is good any time! I especially love it as leftovers for some reason.

    Also this outfit is gorgeous and so perfect for fall. I love your new boots! I wish I had a pair like those. They look wonderful with your cute little dress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this dress, and such lovely photos!

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it the nicest dress to wear?! So comfy and yet you feel immediately dressed up! Also, I think this color was made to complement your hair! So lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cut! I love that dress and it looks great with the booties!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You sure look quite... Autumnesque! Ahah! Love the dress, looks so good paired with such cool boots.
    Autumn is my favourite season and I'm ready for it - the crunchy leaves remind me of chips.
    I would eat anything cheesy 7 days a week... So I don't judge your craving :)
    What film did you watch?? x

    ReplyDelete
  9. That light! So beautiful! You look amazing doll.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shut up right now with that dress! I am in love!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    p.s. Check out my Chicastic giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmygoodness! Those boots are absolutely perfect, much like your outfit ;)

    x Eloise - Jazzlipsandtulips

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dear creatures dress is just lovely and look amazing with your hair color! Definitely nothing wrong with two days of mac n cheese, I say you go for three with the homemade leftovers ;)
    Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    x Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That mac n' cheese sounds too good! And I'm totally in love with the lighting of these photos paired with your dress!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  14. yay your dress is amazing <3 i love this whole look :)

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. The lighting in these shots are heaven. Love the dress & shoe combo

    X. Pixelhazard | Bright Green Laces |

    ReplyDelete
  16. that dress is fabulous - it's such a great colour!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can see why you get compliments on that dress when you wear it! It's so pretty! I love the dotted pattern, and the color.
    Haha, that mac&cheese sounds really good, and we've definitely eaten mac&cheese two nights in a row before. Sometimes, it's irresistible.
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Saw this on a round up post and loved the simplicity of this outfit- a little mod.

    ReplyDelete