2.10.2016

My Little Love












I'm not so sure how I got so lucky. A cuddly, adventurous son to call my own. When we found out we were going to be parents, we were quite surprised and definitely scared. We kept saying we'd have kids "in a couple years". Well, things don't always go the way you plan. And that is the beauty of life. These unexpected journeys.

After months and months of waiting, one night in early April, our whole world changed when we laid eyes on our precious boy. I'll never forget the moment I first saw him, his little bottom lip quivering as he let out his first cries. He was put on my chest and I just remember feeling so full of love. I looked at him, too overwhelmed to even cry, saying "Hi. Hi, honey, I'm your Mama." and endless "I love you's" over and over in an awestruck, shaking voice. He was so wide-eyed and alert, just looking at me with his perfect eyes. Remembering the moment I fist saw Max will always make me teary-eyed and full of joy and warmth. He was everything. He was all of it. He was that part of me that I knew was meant to exist. My little love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment